Nelson Facility Map
Eastern’s Nelson Street Shipyard is home to its Corporate Office. It sits on 24 acres and has over 2,000 feet of water frontage leading into St. Andrew’s Bay and out to the Gulf of Mexico. Adjacent to the shipyard is a 6 acre fabrication facility where much of the modular pre-fabrication is performed. The fabrication yard consists of 22,300 square feet (2071.73 sq/m) of warehouse space. The shipyard has (7) crawler cranes ranging from 45 to 400 ton lifting capacity. The shipyard is equipped with (2) marine railways, 700 linear ft of steel bulk-headed side launch capability, a mechanic shop, and shipping & receiving buildings. It is also outfitted with (3) aluminum and steel fabrication buildings totaling 57,000 square feet (5,295.47 sq/m) and (11) concrete fabrication platens.
The Nelson Street Shipyard has undergone numerous enhancements since the company opened 1976 including:
- In-ground marine railway transfer system.
- Side launch way.
- (11) concrete fabrication platens totaling 114,147 square feet (10,604.60 sq/m).
- Fabrication building fully outfitted with (6) 10-20 ton overhead cranes.
- (2) 1,250 Ton marine railways for launching and marine haul-outs.
- (1) 250MT self-leveling ship module transporter.
Eastern’s WestRock Paper-mill final outfitting and commissioning pier is adjacent to Nelson Street including:
- Location: WestRock Paper-mill: 1 S Everitt Ave, Panama City, FL 32401.
- Pier Dimensions: 420’x 77′-6″.
- Final outfitting, commissioning, dock and sea trial facility.
- Deep-water operations.