Nelson Facility Map
Eastern’s Nelson Street Shipyard is home to its corporate office. It sits on 24 acres and has over 2,000 feet of water frontage leading into St. Andrew’s Bay and out to the Gulf of Mexico. Adjacent to the shipyard is a 6 acre fabrication facility where much of the modular pre-fabrication is performed. The fabrication yard consists of a 23,400 square feet (2,173.93 sq/m) fully outfitted machine shop, a 16,980 square feet (1,577.50 sq/m) of warehouse space and concrete fabrication platens. The shipyard has (6) cherry picker/crawler cranes ranging from 45 to 300 ton lifting capacity. The shipyard is equipped with (2) marine railways, 930 linear feet of steel bulk-headed side launch capability, a pipe shop, a mechanic shop, a paint building and shipping & receiving buildings. It is also outfitted with (2) fabrication buildings and concrete fabrication platens.
The Nelson Street Shipyard has undergone numerous enhancements since the company opened 1976 including:
- In-ground marine railway transfer system.
- Side launch way.
- (11) concrete fabrication platens totaling 117,647 square feet (10,929.76 sq/m).
- Fabrication building fully outfitted with (6) 10-70 ton overhead cranes.
- (2) 1,250 Ton marine railways for launching and marine haul-outs.
- (1) 250MT self-leveling ship module transporter.
Eastern’s WestRock Paper-mill final outfitting and commissioning pier is adjacent to Nelson Street including:
- Location: WestRock Paper-mill: 1 S Everitt Ave, Panama City, FL 32401.
- Pier length 400’.
- Final outfitting, commissioning, dock and sea trial facility.
- Deep-water operations.